Written By: Pearl Kupe
Mosadi Ke Thari Ya Sechaba is an african proverb that says that women are the backbone of society. Any nation that wants to do well socially, politically and economically must prioritize women’s involvement in the key sectors that drive growth, progress and advancement.
Global Forum of Women Entrepreneurs (GFWE) was founded to respond to the need to cultivate, develop and enhance the entrepreneurial mindset of women across the globe and in its short time of existence has established presence in a number of nations around the world, including USA, UK and a number of African nations; South Africa, Malawi, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia and beyond.
It is a global network that believes that when women are properly groomed and included in the areas of investment, trade and finance they will be an asset for the good of all. Our objectives are achieved through:
- Training, equipping and networking women from around the globe, and Africa in particular, in the area of entrepreneurship.
- Interrogating entrepreneurial options for women that can be accessed through innovative means;
- Ensuring that women are a part of the twenty first century innovation and technological trend.
- Giving back Initiatives through humanitarian and community development projects in every nation GFWE is present.
We have held events in partnership with several leading organizations and specific industry leaders. These include:
- GFWE UK Launch in partnership with Institute of Directors – IOD, London , UK April, 2017
- GFWE Botswana launch in Gaborone Botswana ,2018
- GFWE Malawi Launch with Keynote speaker Her Excellency Madame Mary Chilima, Vice Presidents wife and former First Lady Madame Callista Mutharika, the former sits on the GFWE Africa Advisory Board and the latter on the GFWE Malawi Board, September, 2018
- GFWE Namibia Launch in Windhoek , Namibia with Keynote speaker, Her Excellency Madame Joan Guriras, former First lady of Namibia
- GFWE Zambia Launch in Lusaka, Zambia, July 2019
- Eti-Oni Development Group, Nigeria on Cocoa and Chocolate held in Johannesburg, SA 2019 with Keynote speaker HRM Oba Dokun Thompson, Oloni of Eti-Oni
GFWE 2020 Conference
The annual conference this year has been organized as an online/webinar event to take place on Saturday 31st October 2020 between 7.00pm and 9.00pm (SA Time). The Theme for this year’s conference is:
“Unlocking Africa’s Wealth Opportunities through Innovation and International Trade-The Strategic Role of Women”
Some of the confirmed speakers for this year’s conference include:
- His Royal Majesty, Oba Dokun Thompson (GFWE International Advisory Board, Chairperson)
- Her Excellency Madame Joan Guriras, Former First Lady of Namibia
- Willie Shumba – African Continental Free Trade Expert & Advisor, African Union Commission
- Fikile de Buck, Non Executive Director, Harmony Gold
- Septi Bukula, Founder & Director of Osiba Analytics & GFWE Advisor
- Noah Debeila, SMME & Tshwane Chamber of Commerce & GFWE Advisor
It promises to be an exciting and inspiring evening as all our events creates opportunities for networking, cultural exchanges and improving of bilateral relations for mutual benefits.
Join us on Zoom Meeting ID 868 0141 4315, Meeting Passcode 623511
Join us on our Facebook page-#WeShallNotBeSilent and me on my Personal Facebook www.facebook.com
Date published: 28/10/2020
Pearl Kupe-Attorney & International consultant to world leaders & International organizations is International President-Global Forum for Women Entrepreneurs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
JOY! News is a Christian news portal that shares pre-published articles by writers around the world. Each article is sourced and linked to the origin, and each article is credited with the author’s name. Although we do publish many articles that have been written in-house by JOY! journalists, we do not exclusively create our own content. Any views or opinions presented on this website are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.