Written by: ICC (International Christian Concern)
Article Source: www.persecution.org

Missing Malaysian pastor Raymond Koh’s wife, Susanna Liew, stated her frustration at the government’s investigation on her husband’s case. She alleged that the police are more interested in alleged proselytizing by pastor Koh than searching for his whereabouts.

She and her son were questioned at the Kelana Jaya police station on September 20 and the questioning lasted about 30 minutes, focusing on whether Koh had proselytized in northern states previously. In Malaysia, proselytizing of Muslims by members of other religions is forbidden.

She felt that this line of investigation is a waste of time as the family have been asked the same questions previously. The special task force and the police should instead be focusing on trying to locate Koh, who has been missing for more than two years since his abduction, she said.

More than eight months have passed since the release of a Human Rights Commission of Malaysia (Suhakam) report that pointed to Special Branch’s involvement in the abduction of Koh and another activist Amri Che Mat. A special task force was established to look into their disappearance, and is required to report on any finding in six months.

Liew told the Malaysian Insight that on September 20, former high court judge Rahim Uda who chairs the task force and five other members came for a courtesy visit to her home. Yet at the meeting, she was only given very general response as to what terms of reference the force is under. With that, she is not very hopeful (about what the task force can deliver).

On February 13, 2017, Pastor Raymond Koh, 62, was abducted in broad daylight, allegedly by members of a trained paramilitary force.

Click here to KEEP UPDATED on the latest news by subscribing to our FREE weekly newsletter.


Date published: 24/10/2019
Feature image: Norhayati Mohd Arifin, sitting at left, wife of Amri Che Mat and Susanna Liew Sow Yoke, sitting at right, wife of Pastor Raymond Koh .Vincent Thian / AP

DISCLAIMER
JOY! News is a Christian news portal that shares pre-published articles by writers around the world. Each article is sourced and linked to the origin, and each article is credited with the author’s name. Although we do publish many articles that have been written in-house by JOY! journalists, we do not exclusively create our own content. Any views or opinions presented on this website are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.