Written by: FOR SA
Article source: forsa.org.za
We are facing the greatest threat to religious freedom in South Africa yet, in the form of the PEPUDA Amendment Bill.
This Bill will make a target of every person and institution of faith and lead to a flood of litigation and punitive sanctions (fines, even jail time or closure of religious institutions) against you – simply for expressing and practising your religious beliefs!
Click here to WATCH, LIKE and SHARE our video series on the radical consequences of this Bill for religious freedom.
FOR SA is calling all religious leaders and people of faith in South Africa to be informed of the severe threat, and to make sure Government hears your voice!
To assist you, we have prepared template submissions for you to use “as is” or adapt, and then send to the Department of Justice by WEDNESDAY, 30 JUNE 2021.
- Click here to download template submission for INDIVIDUALS
- Click here to download template submission for ORGANISATIONS
- Send in a submission!
- WATCH, LIKE and SHARE the bite-size videos on the PEPUDA Amendment Bill far and wide to your network.
- Visit the FOR SA website and/or YouTube page and/or our Facebook page for more videos and articles.
- Subscribe to our Newsletter for regular email updates on threats to our religious freedoms.
- Make a financial contribution to support the work of FOR SA and help protect and promote religious freedom!
Date published: 06/06/2021
Feature image: Image for illustrative purposes only.
JOY! News is a Christian news portal that shares pre-published articles by writers around the world. Each article is sourced and linked to the origin, and each article is credited with the author’s name. Although we do publish many articles that have been written in-house by JOY! journalists, we do not exclusively create our own content. Any views or opinions presented on this website are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.